Thammasat University, by SDG Research and Support Programme, Faculty of Economics, Thammasat University is now a co-host institution of Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) Thailand, along with Chulalongkorn University and National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA).
SDSN is a global academic network, established in 2012 by Professor Jeffrey Sachs of the Earth Institute, Columbia University. SDSN mobilises experts from different disciplines and background in order to find solutions for sustainability challenges and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. At the moment, its members cover over 800 organisations in 35 countries.
SDSN Thailand was established in March 2020, with support from over 20 organisations including Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union in Thailand, as well as Embassy of Switzerland. Co-host institutions consists of Faculty of Economics, Thammasat University; Center for Peace and Conflict Studies, Chulalongkorn University; Technology and Informatics Institute for Sustainability under National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA). SDSN Thailand has four objectives
- •Shaping Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue
- •Nurture thematic networks
- •Advise decision-makers and Monitoring Progress
- •Strengthening Sustainability Research and Education
At the moment, there are 9 official members of SDSN Thailand:
- Department of Geography, Faculty of Social Sciences, Srinakharinwirot University
- Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management Sciences, Prince of Songkla University
- Faculty of Economics, Thammasat University (SDG Move)
- Freeland (NGOs)
- Institute for Peace Studies, Prince of Songkla University (latest member)
- National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA)
- Thailand Development Research Institute Foundation (TDRI)
- Thailand Sustainable Development Foundation (TSDF)
- Thaipat Institute
SDSN also partners with more than 35 academic institutions over Thailand.
Please see detail documents below