Thammasat University is governed by committees and councils at the university and faculty levels. At the highest level of the university, Thammasat University Council is the main governing body. The council is composed of representatives from several stakeholders. Elected representatives of key internal stakeholders, namely, faculties and university staff, are also included as members of the council.
The composition of the university council is as follows:
- Council members by position: The council members in this part include the rector, the Thammasat Association under the King’s patronage, the president of faculty’s council, and the president of the university staff council.
- Council members – External Experts: The council members in this part include 14 external experts from various sectors, including governmental organisations, private sector, academic sector.
- Council members from a vice rector position: The council member in this part is for a vice rector, selected by the rector. This position is also the secretary of the council.
- Council members from faculty’s deans: The council members in this part include deans from 2 faculties.
- Council members from institute’s director: The council member in this part includes one director from an institute in the university.
- Council members from elected representative from faculties: The council member in this part includes 2 elected university lecturers.
- Council members from university staff representative: The council member in this part includes 1 elected university staff
- Secretary Assistants
Please see detail of the Thammasat University Council here: